Georgien 2008

Georgien 2008

Marina Ivanova Tsvetaeva





Go find yourself naive women friends
who haven't checked miracles by number.
I know that Venus was produced by hand,
I'm a craftsman, I know the craft:
 
from the highest solemn muteness
down to the thorough degradation of the soul:
here's the whole divine staircase -- from:
my breath -- to: do not breathe!




Andate a trovarvi donne naïve per amiche
e non abbiano contato i miracoli per numero.
Io so che Venus è stata fatta a mano,
sono  artigiano, conosco l’arte:

dal più elevato solenne essere muti
giù fino all’intero digradare dell’anima:
ecco tutta la divina scala – da:
mio respiro – a : non respirare!





You walk, and look like me,
your eyes directed down.
I also used to lower mine!
Hey you, passer by, stop!
 
Read - when you've gathered
a bouquet of buttercups and poppies,
that I was called Marina
and how old I was.
 
Don't think that this is a grave,
that I will appear, scary...
I myself loved too much 
to laugh, when I shouldn't have!
 
And the blood would come to my face
and my hair was curly...
You passer by, I also was!
You passer by, stop!
 
Break yourself off a wild stem
and after it a berry, -
no wild strawberry is larger or sweeter
than one from a graveyard.
 
Only don't stand gloomily,
dropping your head on your chest,
think about me easily,
as easily then forget!
 
How the sun's ray shines upon you!
You're all covered in golden dust...
- Don't let it disturb you,
my voice from underground.
 
1913



 




 Des Herzens Woge schaumte nicht
        so schon empor, und wurde Geist,
        wenn nicht der alte stumme Fels,
        das Schicksal, ihr entgegenstande.


 (Friedrich Hölderlin, Hyperion, Kapitel 11)

(L’onda del cuore non schiumerebbe
già così fino qua  a diventare spirito,
se la vecchia muta roccia,
il destino, non la contrastasse.)
 
 
What can I do, blind and outcast
in a world where all are fathered and sighted,
where passions go over anathemas
as if over embankments! Where a lament 
is called - sniffles!
 
What can I do, by rib and Providence
singing! - Like a wire! Sunburn! Siberia!
I travel my delusions - like a bridge!
With their weightlessness
in a world of weights.
 
What can I do, singer and firstborn,
in a world where the blackest - is gray!
Where inspiration is kept, as in a thermos!
With this infinity
in a finite world?
 
 
 
 
 
You who loved me with the falseness 
of truth - and the truth of lies.
You who loved me - beyond
anything! - Over the edge!
 
You who loved me beyond
time - Right hand, wave!
You love me no more:
The truth in five words.
 
 
1923
 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

here we are