The title,
from Shakespeare's Timon of Athens (Act IV, scene 3), a line often taken as a metaphor about
creativity and inspiration:
The moon's
an arrant thief,
and her
pale fire she snatches from the sun
La luna è un ladro completo,
e il suo pallido fuoco lo agguanta
dal sole
Canto I, v.1-2
I was the shadow of the waxwing slain
by the false azure in the window pane
ero l’ombra
del beccofrusone ucciso
dal falso
azzurro nel vetro della finestra
Canto IV
[…]
Gently the day
has passed in a sustained
low hum of harmony. The brain is drained
and a brown ament, and the noun I meant
to use but did not, dry on the cement.
Maybe my sensual love for the consonne
d'appui, Echo's fey child, is based upon
a feeling of fantastically planned,
richly rhymed life.
I feel I understand
existence, or at least a minute part
of my existence, only through my art,
in terms of combinatorial delight;
and if my private universe scans right,
so does the verse of galaxies divine
which I suspect is an iambic line.
low hum of harmony. The brain is drained
and a brown ament, and the noun I meant
to use but did not, dry on the cement.
Maybe my sensual love for the consonne
d'appui, Echo's fey child, is based upon
a feeling of fantastically planned,
richly rhymed life.
I feel I understand
existence, or at least a minute part
of my existence, only through my art,
in terms of combinatorial delight;
and if my private universe scans right,
so does the verse of galaxies divine
which I suspect is an iambic line.
[…]
In
modo gentile il giorno è trescorso in un sostenuto
mormorìo
di armonia. Il cervello è drenato
e
una sostanza bruna, il nome che intendevo
usare
ma non ho usato, secco sul cemento.
Forse
il mio amore sensuale per la consonne
d’appui,
magico bimbo di Eco, è basato su
un’impressione
di immaginario pianificato,
vita
rimata con ricchezza.
Sento di capire
l’esistenza,
o almeno una parte minuta
della
mia esistenza, solo attraverso la mia arte,
in
termini di piacere combinatorio;
e
se il mio universo scandisce bene,
altrettanto
fa il verso di galassie divine
che
sospetto sia un metro giambico.


Nessun commento:
Posta un commento
here we are