Georgien 2008

Georgien 2008

Il Sir giura sul "poenis" suo









Posted: 02 Sep 2018 11:34 PM PDT

A Lover Speaks By Cock
Sir John Davies (b. 1569)


Faith, wench, I cannot court thy sprightly eyes,
With the base Viall placed betweene my Thighes
I cannot lispe, nor to some Fiddle sing,
Nor run uppon a high strecht Minikin.
I cannot whine in puling Elegies,
Intombing Cupid with sad obsequies.
I am not fashioned for these amorous times,
To court thy beutie with lascivious rimes.
I cannot dally, caper, daunce and sing,
Oyling my saint with supple sonneting.
I cannot crosse my armes, or sigh ay me,
Ay me Forlorne: egregious Fopperie.
I cannot busse thy fist, play with thy hayre,
Swearing by Jove, Thou art most debonaire.
 Not I by Cock, but shall I tel thee roundly,
Harke in thine eare, zounds I can fuck thee soundly.

base viall] Bass viol; bass vial; base vile
Minikin] treble string of a viol; sweetheart
10 Oyling] flattering
11 Crosse my arms] stereotyped pose of whiny-ass lovers
13 buss] to oh-so-politely kiss
15 by Cock] common minced form of "by God." But the vulgar sense of "penis" existed then as well. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

here we are